We all want our kids to succeed in school and get good grades. But sometimes, despite our best efforts, our children may need a little extra help to reach their academic potential. That’s where United Tuition Group comes in.
Online tutoring can help your child succeed by giving them one-on-one attention to improve their understanding of complex topics, specifically when they are preparing with a GCSE tutor.
These five tips will help you make the most of online tutoring for your kid.
● Choose the Right Platform
Not all online tutoring platforms are created equal. When looking for a tutoring platform for your child, choose one that offers live, one-on-one sessions with experienced tutors. The best online tutoring platforms will also provide a variety of subjects, so you can find the perfect tutor for your child’s needs.
● Schedule Regular Sessions
A perk of online tutoring is its adaptability to work around your family’s packed schedule. Even so, it’s crucial to set up recurring meetings to make the most out of virtual sessions. Having preset times for check-ins, be they weekly or biweekly, will help ensure your child remains on track with their goals.
● Create a Quiet, Comfortable Space
Learning happens best when kids are in a quiet, comfortable environment where they can focus on the task. When setting up your child’s online tutoring space, ensure there are no distractions like TV or video games. And if you have multiple kids at home, let them know that they need to be respectful of their sibling’s learning time.
● Be Involved in the Process
You, as a parent, are key to your child’s learning and success. And that doesn’t stop when they start working with a tutor. Be sure to ask your child’s tutor about their progress after each session and what you can do at home to support their learning. You should also take some time each week to sit in on a session to see first-hand what goes on during an online tutoring session and how your child is progressing.
● Find a Tutor Your Child Connects With
It’s essential that your child feels comfortable with their tutor, so they can freely ask questions and express themselves without feeling intimidated. Before you commit to working with a particular tutor, have a brief chat with them, so you can get a sense of their personality and teaching style. The right tutor will make all the difference in whether or not online tutoring is successful for your child so take your time finding someone just right for your family.
How Online Tutoring is Changing Student Revision Trends
More students are receiving help from online sources rather than in-person from their teachers. Although this may not seem like a drastic change, it’s affecting how students prepare for exams. Let’s investigate how getting the assistance online instead of in person is causing different revision habits.
- One of the most significant advantages of online tutoring is that it’s available 24/7. This means that students can get help whenever needed, even in the middle of the night. This flexibility benefits students who have busy schedules or live in different time zones.
- Perhaps the most significant advantage of online tutoring is that it allows for a more individualised and tailored learning experience. Because students working one-on-one with a tutor can get tailored help that’s specific to their needs. This type of individualised attention is often more effective than trying to learn from a textbook or in a large group setting.
- Finally, online tutoring is becoming more affordable as technology improves, and more tutors enter the market. In the past, parents would have to pay for expensive in-person tutoring sessions. Now, however, there are many affordable online options available. This means parents can get their children the necessary help without breaking the bank.
Online tutoring can effectively give your child the academic boost they need to succeed in school. But it’s essential to choose the right platform, schedule regular sessions, create a comfortable learning environment, be involved in the process, and find a tutor who connects with your child on a personal level.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be well on your way to helping your child reach their full academic potential!
At United Tuition Group, finding a tutor to help your child succeed is easy. With KS3 English tutors and other subject-specific professionals available, we can help boost grades and confidence simultaneously.